"Good location, great service but single rooms tiny" Edinburgh Grosvenor Hilton Tip by wlpendley

Edinburgh Grosvenor Hilton, Edinburgh: 2,228 reviews and 7 photos

I stayed at this hotel for four nights in early July. The location was very convenient and the service from all staff members was excellent (even when mobs of unhappy soccer fans were less than polite to them.) On the whole I would stay here again, but be warned that the single rooms are so small you can barely wheel your suitcase into the room. Also one of my co-workers got a room on the 2nd floor, west side which caught the afternoon sunrays. That massive brick radiated the afternoon heat into his room all night long and it was stifling. So if you want to be comfortable, insist on a double room and avoid the west side of the building.

This hotel was doing renovation on the first floor in July 2006 with lots of noisy workman pounding and scraping away next to the lounge area, plastic sheeting everywhere, and that hallway closed off. So those of us with rooms on the other side of the construction had to exit the building, travel along the sidewalk, and re-enter at another door to reach our room. This was not a big deal to me, and I was far enough from the renovation that I heard nothing in my room. But some folks really hate renovation work during their hotel stays, so ask in advance.

Unique Qualities: Breakfasts were good with a wide variety of choices. Staff service was excellent in every department (reception, restaurant, concierge, etc). This hotel obviously values customer service and manages accordingly.

Address: Grosvenor Street, Edinburgh, MI EH12
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Walking distance to International Conference Centre
Phone: 44 131 226 6001
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hilton.co.uk/edinburghgrosvenor

• Written Jul 7, 2006

Ranked Member

Have you been to Edinburgh?