"Stay FAR FAR AWAY!!" Hotel De Paris Montreal Tip by Bastet412

Hotel De Paris Montreal, Montreal: 262 reviews and 4 photos

After making a reservation with the Hotel de Paris more then a month and a half ago and receiving a confirmation from their website, I assumed that my vacation in Montreal would go with out a hitch.

Upon checking in, I tell the person at the desk that I have a reservation for the superior Queen Room in Annex 1. He then asks me if I want sheets...silly question of course! I then ask if the hotel de Paris was a hotel, to which he replies yes, but they also have a hostel. (What kind of hotel is ?3 Star? and has a hostel?) Anyway, the "concierge" proceeds to search for my reservation everywhere but the computer and informs me that he couldn't find my reservation and that the hotel was completely booked.

After almost 3 hours of trying to find us a room, the person at the desk finally called the Sam W, who I assume is the owner of the hotel. Sam W, instructed the person at the desk to find us a room in another hotel. The first ?hotel? was Hotel de la Cassa. If this location is comparable to the Hotel de Paris then they really should remodel. We needed two rooms and there was only one, so we had to return to the Hotel de Paris. Upon seeing us again, the person at the desk called back Sam W. After several minutes of them conversing Sam W promised that they would find us a room in another hotel and that the Hotel de Paris would pick up the difference. All we would have to do is call the manager Monday morning Hector Z. This was an obvious lie, because upon checking out of the hotel that they found for us on Monday, we called the manager Hector Z and he proceeded to say that Sam W had never spoken to him and that it wasn?t his problem and that the reservation that I had made was through an independent web-site; not true at all since I went to the Hotel de Paris website and made the reservation through them and received a confirmation through the Hotel.

I am unsure why the Hotel de Paris is so highly rated. I would really think twice before staying here.

Unique Qualities: Rude and unhelpful manager, owner, and "concierge"

Address: 901 Sherbrooke St E, Montreal, QC H2L1L3
Phone: +1 514-522-6861
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotel-montreal.com/

• Written Jul 5, 2006

Ranked Member

Have you been to Montreal?