"See more of Greece in 10days, 9Nights" Greece Things to Do Tip by pangzi

Greece Things to Do: 909 reviews and 1,592 photos

It was my 1st time to Europe in May 2006 and I had honed in on Greece. Greece was not cheap for a person making Asian currency and I wanted to make my money'worth. Besides, I had the burden of planning this vacation for 4 other friends who had left everything to my charge.
I came across an initinerary that allowed me to see alot of Greece in 10 day and 9 nights. In those days i was able to see all the major places of interest at these cities : Athens-Meteora-Pella-Vergina-Thesalonica-Delphi-Kalavrita-Olympia-Monemvasia-Dyros Caves-Mystras-Mycenae-Epidavros- dion-Ancicent Corinth- Corinth Canal

However I needed a private customised tour to do that itinerary. I was torn to just go with the regular tours offered by most agency (which was piecemeal) or find a reasonably priced travel agent willing to take up my itinerary on a private basis. After much inquiry on the web some agencies did not want my business, yet other quoted exorbitant prices. I found Georgakopoulos Travel by accident to arrange my tour. At 1st I was very apprehensive of Geroge Georgakopoulos, the owner, but he was very patient with my incessant inquiry and checks. He also noted the needs of my group and planned a holiday that we can't forget.

We did not have a big budget so accomodation was either tourist class or tavernas, however, George gave us a good mix of rooms with tavernas (and even 1 night stay at a 4* taverna) that gave very personal and good service. Theplaces we ate at served excellent food. Our Driver and Tour guide, Nikolas Christopoulos, was so knowledgeable and responsible that he took care of us very well.

So if u have a tight schedule i would recommend that you engage an agent instead of travelling on your own. However, I must warn you that this itinerary requires 1 night stay at 9 different locations. If you are interest to my itinerary contact Georgakopoulos at georgeto@otenet.gr to plan your travel. Make sure you ask George for Niko to be your tour guide. I strongly recomment it

Address: Peloponeses and Macedonia
othercontact: georgeto@otenet.gr
Phone: +30 6976700039

• Written Jul 3, 2006

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.