"Helmcken House" Top 5 Page for this destination Helmcken House Tip by Jetgirly
Helmcken House, Victoria: 3 reviews and 5 photos
Dr. John Sebastian Helmcken was a lucky man! He married Governor General James Douglas's daughter in the 1850s, and with that marriage came a piece of prime real estate in Victoria's Inner Harbour! Helmcken House is one of the oldest houses in Victoria to still stand on its original site, which today is in the grounds just beside the Royal BC Museum (behind Thunderbird Park). It's free to view the house from the outside, or you can enter by donation (suggestion $5). Entrance is free if you visit the museum that day (show your ticket). The house is open from 12.00 to 4.00 pm daily during the summer, with very limited hours in the off-season. Inside you'll find the Doctor's collection of medical tools, personal items and family photos.
Address: 675 Belleville Street
Phone: (250) 356-7226
More Reviews (104)
- See All Run of the Mill Vietnamese
- See All Cordova Bay Beaches
- See All The Victoria Clipper
- See All What's Worth Your Time
- See All High School Grads Welcome!
- See All Times Colonist
- See All Victoria Dragon Boat Festival
- See All Exchange Homes With a Victoria Family
- Don't Forget Your...
- Fitness and Recreation
- Empress Hotel - Dining Rip-Off
- See All Information for Americans (and Others)
Jetgirly's Related Pages
Have you been to Victoria?Share Your Travels