"Hiking - Some suggestions." Zion National Park Sports & Outdoors Tip by Jerelis
Zion National Park Sports & Outdoors: 21 reviews and 37 photos
Zion National Park is very known for its incredible slot canyons, which attracts hikers from around the world. We did two hikes. One towards the Upper Emerald Pool. And one through a slot canyon. Both were worth while. Free guided and interpretive tours are available. Below a brief description of some interesting trails:
One hour or less (round trip)
- Weeping Rock: self guiding walk to a spring and "hanging garden";
- Canyon Overlook: self guiding walk to a canyon viewpoint;
- Lower Emerald Pools: easy walk to a waterfall.
One-two hours (round trip)
- Riverside Walk: easy walk along the Virgin River;
- Middle Emerald Pool: moderate walk to pools and waterfalls;
- Watchman: moderate walk to viewpoint of lower Zion Canyon.
Three-four hours (round trip)
- Hidden Canyon: fairly strenuous hike to a hanging canyon;
- Angels Landing: strenuous hike to the top of Angels Landing.
Equipment: Have a look at Zion National Park Packing List.
More Sports & Outdoors in Zion National Park (2)
More Reviews (17)
- Just a lunch we had.
- See All Talk to someone who knows ...
- See All The visitors centre
- See All Budweiser - King of all Beers?
Jerelis' Related Pages
Explore the World
- Dinosaur Provincial Park Hotels
- Columbia Hotels
- The Gambia
- Coombabah Lake Hotels
- Ryton on Dunsmore Hotels
- Province of Zambales
- Khuldabad Hotels
- San Miguel de Cozumel
- Torres del Paine
- Sandy Valley Hotels
- San Vicente de la Barquera
Have you been to Zion National Park?Share Your Travels