"Best in Town" Quality Inn Wangaratta Gateway Tip by lesaandbill

Quality Inn Wangaratta Gateway, Wangaratta: 252 reviews and 0 photos

I had a business meeting until 9pm and didn't want to drive back to Melbourne. I looked on wotif and found this place for $110...and got the Superior Queen with balcony.

It overlooked the pool on one side...and unfortunately was on the road for the other. Wangaratta is not that busy of a town...and things chilled out later on in the evening.

I was definitely impressed with the rooms. They had a nice, comfy doona...and it looked new and sophisticated...unlike most of your rundown motels. It even had a heating blanket, excellent room service...a plasma screen TV with free new release movies.

I'm a female travelling alone...so I felt safe with the undercover garage..which you need a roomkey to unlock.

Also...I didn't a get a chance to eat the restaurant..but The Atrium is popular with the locals.

I would recommend staying in Beechworth if you're not bothered about time..but if you need to do business in Wang...and need to be right in the middle of town...I recommend this hotel. I checked out the others in the area..and this was a better choice.

Address: 29 37 RYLEY STREET, Wangaratta, AU 3677
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 61 3 5721 8399
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.wangarattagateway.com.au

• Written Jun 29, 2006

“Eat, Drink and Be Merry...for this is a Gift of God. Ecc.8:15”

Have you been to Wangaratta?