JR's India Curry House: "Varied Indian Menu" Top 5 Page for this destination India Curry House Tip by Jetgirly

India Curry House, Victoria: 3 reviews and 2 photos

India Curry House Facade / Sign
by Jetgirly

JR's India Curry House has been rated second in Victoria for Best Indian Cuisine. I recently dined there on a weeknight. The atmosphere is typical of most Indian restaurants, with lots of vibrant colors and posters of the Taj Mahal. High-class it isn't, but it's comfortable and friendly. The staff are quiet but knowledgeable, and very accomodating.

I had the Vegetarian Special with Rice and Poori, for $18.50. It was served on a thali (round silver serving dish), and featured basmati rice surrounded by spinach puree, lentil dahl, curried chickpeas, paneer with tomato and peas, and raita. Everything was fantastic, especially the raita, which was delicate but very sweet. My dining companion ordered the House Mixed Grill for $17.50, which featured tandoor chicken, curried chicken (so tender it was falling apart) and beef kofka. Both of our meals were served with poori (deep fried soft bread- DELICIOUS)! Our combinations were some of the most expensive meals on the menu, there were definitely cheaper alternatives. We also used a coupon from the 2006 Entertainment Book, which saved us $9.

The food at India Curry House was great, and I can't wait to go back. I highly recommend it for anyone in Victoria craving curry!

Closed Sunday.

Address: 506 Fort Street
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Corner of Fort and Wharf (right by the ocean). Two minutes by foot from the Inner Harbour.
Phone: 250-360-9000
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Indian
Website: http://www.indiacurryhousejr.com/

• Updated May 15, 2007

Jetgirly Used To Live Here!

“I've come to eat all of your fruits and vegetables.”

Have you been to Victoria?