"Now called Hotel L'Annexe" Top 5 Page for this destination Louxor Tip by Nemorino

Louxor, Paris: 51 reviews and 7 photos

1. Taylor and Luxour Hotels

1. Taylor and Luxour Hotels
      2. Breakfast room in the Luxour
      3. Bicycle in the courtyard
    by Nemorino
      4. Johann Strauss Jr. (1825-1899)
      5. New name as of 2008
    by Nemorino

I booked this hotel in 2006 through bookings.org, which by the way I found through OneTime.com, so again I hasten to eat my words and take back all the disparaging remarks I used to make about OneTime.

These are actually two small hotels under the same management, the Hotel Taylor in the foreground, and the Hotel Luxour behind. The reception for both is in the Taylor, which is also where the free internet connection is (the computer on the right is much faster than the one on the left).

The Luxour is a very basic little hotel, with only the bare necessities but nothing more. This bothered me a bit at first, even though I had chosen it mainly for the low price, but the longer I stayed here the better I liked it. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the free internet connection was of course a big plus for a VT member, LOL.

This hotel is within easy walking distance of the Gare de l'Est railroad station, by the way. (About seven or eight blocks, depending on what you count as a block. Though they aren't really "blocks" in a city like this, more like irregular polygons.)

Second photo: In 2006 a French breakfast cost 5 Euros at the Luxour and 6 at the Taylor, which might seem a bit much compared to the big breakfast buffets you can get at hotels in other cities, but the same French breakfast would cost 7 to 9 Euros in a café on the Paris streets, so I mostly ate here at the hotel.

Third photo: They were very nice about letting me keep my bicycle locked up in a safe place overnight, in a closed-off little courtyard behind the Taylor.

Fourth photo: The closest monument to this hotel is this slightly greenish bust of the composer Johann Strauss Jr. (1825-1899), whom I have already mentioned on my Magdeburg page.

Fifth photo: Two years later, in 2008, the former Hotel Luxor is now called the Hotel L'Annexe, presumably meaning that it is the annex to the Hotel Taylor next door -- though the Taylor is not mentioned on the attractive new L'Annexe website.

Address: 4, rue Taylor, 75010 Paris
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions:

Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.annexe-paris-hotel.com/

• Updated Apr 8, 2013

Comments

Nemorino Used To Live Here!

Nemorino

“Cars from now on will have to be lighter, smaller, slower, cleaner – and fewer! ”

Have you been to Paris?