Isabella's Italian Seafood: "Beutiful Spot on the Wharf" Monterey Restaurant Tip by OSpencers

Monterey Restaurants: 207 reviews and 387 photos

We went here on the advice of a waiter at another Wharf restaurant earlier in the day, saw him working here that night ? go figure. The food overall was very good, wasn?t blown away. We had the Fried Artichoke Hearts for an appetizer. They are locally grown so I thought I should give them a try ? very good. My wife tried the Fresh Monterey Sandabs, a local fish kind of like a flounder. They were OK but not a really flavorful fish in general. I had a special consisting of half of a butter roasted crab and shrimp. It was pretty good but they drizzled some kind of a white sauce over the crabs and shrimp.My hands were covered but the time I got done breaking open the crab and peeling the shrimp. Not sure why they do that since you can?t taste the sauce through the shells and it make a great mess.

The service was prompt. Almost too much so. The appetizer was ready in 3.5 minutes and the rest almost 5 minutes after that. Not pushy just very fast on the food. Beautiful setting on the Wharf. Two stories with lots of windows. Sign up for their mailing list on the website for a free appetizer.

Favorite Dish: Everything was good. Try the artichokes.

Address: 60 Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey, California 93940
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: (831) 375 3956
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 3
Theme: Seafood

• Updated Jun 28, 2006

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by,”

Have you been to Monterey?