Grand Secolo: "Bad Chinese Food with hair in it!" Grand Secolo Tip by theolinthree

Grand Secolo, Rome: 1 reviews and 0 photos

Avoid this restaurant at all cost! We were staying close to Termini Station and had a desire one night for Chinese food. We passed this particular place on our way to the Coliseum one day and picked up one of their cards. Well, dinner was bad right from the start. The people outside trying to get you in were nice, but once we were seated it took about 15 minutes to even get menus. Then another 15 for a waiter to show up. The soup was fine, typical wonton. Then the main dishes arrived, complete with thick black hairs in one. We immediately called over our waiter who went and got the owner ( we assumed she was the owner). Instead of an apology, the first thing she said was "Those are your hairs!" And very loudly at that. Well, if she had bothered to look at the two of us, she would have noticed that we are both blonde. The hairs were thick and black. I told her I was not going to pay for this meal and started to leave. She got really loud and then I got even louder, telling the rest of the diners about the hair. A few decided not to finish their meals as well. We all left. I suggest you avoid this place. There are other great Chinese food places in Rome.

Favorite Dish: None, Avoid this place!

Address: 128/130 Via Cavour
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Cavour is a main street running from Termini Station.
Phone: 0647880358
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 1
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum

• Written Jun 25, 2006

“Life is about the journey, not just the destination”

Ranked Member