"Budget hotel near Livadia Beach, Parikia" Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel Apollon Tip by SWFC_Fan

Hotel Apollon, Paros: 68 reviews and 5 photos

Bedroom at Hotel Apollon
      Bedroom at Hotel Apollon
      En-suite bathroom at Hotel Apollon
    by SWFC_Fan

Hotel Apollon is a good value B Class hotel located close to Livadia Beach in Parikia, the capital of Paros.

I stayed here for 2 nights in late May 2006, paying just 23 Euros per night for an en-suite private single room.

This proved to be exceptional value for money and I would highly recommend this hotel to any budget travellers (and not just penny pinching backpackers!).

Location:

The hotel is located about 500m from the port on a quiet street running inland from the beach. The nearest tavernas, bars, restaurants and mini markets are just a 2 minute walk away. The port can be reached on foot in 5-10 minutes.

Room:

My single room contained 2 single beds and a camp bed, satellite TV, air conditioning/heating, a fridge, wooden furniture with an antique appearance (eg dressing table, chairs, large wardrobe), a telephone and an en-suite bathroom with a proper bathtub, a shower attachment and 24 hour hot water. Clean towels were provided each day. Rooms on the upper floor have private balconies, but my ground floor room just had a window overlooking the side street.

The room was spotlessly clean and bathed in natural light.

General:

The hotel will arrange to pick you up at the port or airport in their private minibus if you contact them in advance. Having been to Parikia before, I knew that the hotel was close enough to the port to be reached on foot, so I didn't bother with the transfer.

The hotel is family-run and the staff are very friendly and helpful and speak excellent English. They will be happy to provide you with a map of the island and assist with any trips that you want to undertake.

Breakfast is available at an additional cost. This can be enjoyed in the spacious and well decorated (with Greek statues and chandeliers) dining room next to reception.

Unique Qualities: I would summarise this hotel as follows:

Pros:

* Excellent value for money. The standard of the room is far better than I expected for such a low price. Rooms are well-furnished and spotlessly clean;

* Good location. The beach can be reached on foot in 2 minutes, while the port can be reached in a little over 5 minutes.

* Exceptionally friendly staff. The hotel is family-run and the staff are keen for you to enjoy your stay. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

Cons:

* I originally booked this hotel for 4 nights. However, after my first night I was asked if I would move to a sister property (Hotel Elliniko) a short distance away the following day. The hotel had accepted a booking for 6 rooms for a wedding party, but found out at the last minute that the party would now require 10 rooms at the hotel. I agreed to make the switch. I was moved to a similar standard room (it was classed as A Class, but wasn't any better than the B Class room) at Hotel Elliniko in a slightly less favourable location for the final 2 nights of my stay. Making the move was no big deal to me (especially as I hadn't unpacked my bag), but it may be a bigger inconvenience to others if it were to happen to them. I don't know if the hotel has a reputation for overbooking and moving guests to its sister property.

* Lack of hotel facilities. The hotel basically offers rooms and breakfast, which is exactly what I wanted. If you're wanting a swimming pool, a hotel bar and entertainment then this is not the hotel for you.

An excellent value hotel in a very convenient location. The standard of the rooms are far better than you should expect for such a low price. Highly recommended!!

Address: Parikia, Paros
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Located a 2-5 minutes walk inland from Livadia Beach, and a 5-10 minute walk from the port of Parikia, the capital of Paros.
othercontact: info@hotelapollon.gr
Phone: +30 22840 22364
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotelapollon.gr

• Updated Jun 24, 2006

Comments

SWFC_Fan

“Next stops: Murcia (July)....Ponta Delgada, Azores (September).... Varadero (November)”

Have you been to Paros?