"5*?????? they give them out for free here!!" The Grand New Delhi Tip by Just_A_UK_Boy

The Grand New Delhi, New Delhi: 918 reviews and 0 photos

Well, The hotel is OK, I use the term loosley. Room keeping bother you to clean the room (no Lie-ins here) even if you set your door buzzer to "do not disturb". 5 powercuts a day (more sometimes) are commonplace. Room with a bar (yayyyy you say) can of pepsi 1.10p crisps in "awful" flavours 80 pence. You can get european pringle crisps (small tin) for nearly 5!!!!!!!.
I work odd (UK mirrored) hours so when I come "home" I get a beer and relax. Kingfisher or Castle beer 600Ml (big) bottles are only 2.10 each.....not bad you say. There is a petrol station next to the hotel with a "Gourmet?" shop attached.......same beer 40 pence a bottle. How do they get away with this? "Goverment taxes" so tourists are targeted directly by the goverment (which my driver reliably tells me are all very corrupt anyway) Its a roof and a bed......and better than a shed.

Unique Qualities: Views are so so (petrol station) food looks great, stomach bug for desert is the kicker (not a generalisation)

Address: Nelson Mandela Road, , New Delhi 110070
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +91 11 4766 1234
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.thegrandnewdelhi.com/index.html

• Written Jun 22, 2006

Just_A_UK_Boy's Related Pages

“"Do I have to go?"”

Ranked Member

Have you been to New Delhi?