"KL meet up with Loisl" Audrey Things to Do Tip by Audrey118

Audrey Things to Do: 37 reviews and 49 photos

This was indeed a refreshing VT meet - i have not met many of them since late last year.... so it was nice meet up with old chums.

Loisl (Peter) comes often to KL and Spore for work - he usually make some time to catch up with some local VTers - I am really envious of the Spore crowd - there will be 3 VT meets during his short stay in Spore!!! wow

We (pat and I) met up at KLCC, at the popular Madam Kwan restaurant. Kishore, Nizman and Mary were already there.. I was starving and indulge on a shaved ice dessert... finished in a jiffy before my main course arrived.

Other VTers started to roll in - kenboy, Kaynisa together with Wardatul (Kay introduced Wardatul to VT!!! - they were colleagues before), and came siblings yurijade and stromrider, and travelkaki was the last to arrive.

I was surprised by the number of chicken chop dinner ordered - never had that at Madam Kwan. The favourites at this hang out are nasi lemak (like Peter said - order Number one on the menu!!!), and another hot fav is char kuey teow and of course nasi bojari. I wanted something lighter late in the evening and shared with Pat stir fried vege and otak. To my amusement our guest from Switzerland could tuck in very well the spicy nasi lemak...he loves the coconut rice (OK - next time we take you to proper nasi lemak hang out)....

For dessert - Peter brought us some chewy scrumptious Swiss biscuity cake - which had a nice aniseed and cinnamon and lots of chopped dried fruits - it was almost like Xmas!!!!

after dinner, we played musical chairs and swapped seats to meet out the large crowd.
Peter shared a lot of cross training (my fav topic now) and also his guests adventures to ski for their first time in Switzerland...

some of the boys adjourned for drinks at KLCC, while most of us had to bid adios before we turned to pumpkin!!!

• Written Jun 20, 2006

Comments

Audrey118

“next stop - Stockholm and Riga”

Have you been to Audrey?