Casa Verde: "rude owner of" Caye Caulker Hotel Tip by aggies05

Caye Caulker Hotels: 62 reviews and 85 photos

A Lady named Amanda Badger manages several home that are for rent on the island of Caye Caulker. We rented a home and right off the bat we should have noticed that she was going to be very unhospitable. She charged us to take a golf cart ride to the house and after a while we realized that is was the most expensive golf cart ride that we paid for the entire week. We rented Casa Verde and the house had no Air conditioning which we didnt think would be a problem based on the picures and map that are on the her website. The pictures make it look like you are really close to the water but she actually took the pictures from the very top of the room because there is no where else inthe house you can get that view. So basically it was really really hot in the house and to make matters worse one of the screend was missing from the window so we had to keep it shut to keep all the mosquito's out. She said she would not put the screen back in, so even less of the air flow was cut off in the house. The Pillows were rock hard and there was only ONE floor fan in the house. Later we saw her in town and we said hi and she ignored our group. Actually the only time she was friendly was when we were paying for the room and when we came back to rent bikes because the house is way too far to walk into town through all the mosquitos. But renting the bike brings me to my biggest complaint with Amanda. My last night on the Island I was riding into town to eat dinner and my chain broke on the bicycle and it caught and launched me like superman over the handlebars of the bike. I was very cut up on my shoulder, hand, arm, and leg. I ruined my clothes with blood and had to go to the pharmacy to get medicine and bandages.

Unique Qualities: I went to return the other 2 bike the next day on our way out of town and I explained to her what had happened and she WAS SO HORRIBLY RUDE about the situation. She actually blamed me for the chain breaking and when I told her that I had no intention of paying for the bike she got even more mad and started yelling a bunch of rude questions at me as people were passing by her office... like how fast were you going that it would throw you over the handle bars...were you drunk when you were riding the bike ...etc I told her that It didnt matter her bike broke and it hurt me...I told her she was lucky I wasnt an older person because Someone could have been hurt much seriously than I was, but she didnt care at all that i was hurt. All she could do is gripe that she would have to go get the bike herself, but I told her I was not going to do her any favors and walk the bike back to her house for her.

I would strongly discourage anyone from renting from this website. Everyone Else i came into contact with while in Belize was so friendly and hospitable and willing to give you all the information you ever wanted about anything without hesitation. So you can find a much more friendly person to rent from that will help get you set up with good places to eat and things to see during your visit and if you look around you can find much cheaper places with AIR CONDITIONING.

Caye Caulker Is Such an Awesome place I would hate for your experience with cayecaulkerrentals to put a damper on your time there.

Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Other

• Written Jun 20, 2006

Ranked Member

Have you been to Caye Caulker?