Mehves Hanim Konagi: "Ottoman hosts or ghosts?" Top 5 Page for this destination Safranbolu Hotel Tip by Tijavi

Safranbolu Hotels: 17 reviews and 29 photos

Mehves' rich interiors

Mehves' rich interiors
      Bedroom
    by Tijavi

Don't get me wrong. Mehves is a very pleasant B&B. Its hard wood intereriors, delightful furnishings and thick red carpets make the place very homey.

In fact, it was too homey for me that there was certain feeling of uneasiness to the whole exeperience. Perhaps, the old Ottoman atmosphere reminded me of the haunted house stories of my childhood and of the haunted house next door. It did not help either that I have to use the bathroom down the hall - always dashing to reach either bathroom or bedroom on creaking wooden floor!

The good thing about it was that I had a good night's rest (well, I was too tired to think about ghosts having travelled the whole day) and woke up to a breakfast that was a real treat (read: a HUGE tray of cucumbers, tomatoes, cheeses, breads, olives, fried eggs and bottomless cay - typical Turkish breakfast, but somehow this one tasted better). Gave me all the energy I need as I scrambled my way out of spooky Safranbolu to amazing Amasya.

Unique Qualities: It is a lovingly restored Ottoman house with a huge garden where breakfast is served (weather permitting, of course). Spic and span toilets, although I had to use one across the hall, but I was the only one using it when I was there.

Staying in one of these houses is a wonderful experience that is never to be missed.

Address: Mescit Sokak, Carsi, Safranbolu
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +903707128787
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Bed and Breakfast

• Updated Aug 27, 2007

Comments

Tijavi

“I travel, therefore, I am.”

Have you been to Safranbolu?