Orange on Harrison: "Printer's Row-breakfast food-CLOSED" Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Tip by Dabs

Orange, Chicago: 5 reviews and 14 photos

French toast kabobs at Orange

French toast kabobs at Orange
    by Dabs
      Steak and eggs benedict at Orange
      Orange
    by Dabs

The Orange on Harrison closed but there are a several other locations, check the attached website

There are two places that I've heard recommended over and over and over for breakfast in Chicago, The Bongo Room in Wicker Park and Orange which has locations on Clark near Belmont and on Harrison. Parking is impossible up at the Clark St. location so I decided to try the one on Harrison in the south Loop/Printer's Row area of Chicago.

We had tried The Bongo Room just a few days before so, of course, I was comparing the two in my mind. The exterior of both buildings are such that you'd probably walk right on past if you didn't know of them, the interior of Orange is much larger than The Bongo Room. We tried Bongo Room on a weekend when it was packed, Orange on a weekday when we could walk right in and get a table. I've heard that Orange is also packed on the weekends and have heard some grumbling about a rather rude host at the one on Clark.

Favorite Dish: Onto the food, I tried the French toast kabobs, coconut infused french toast, skewered and served with grilled strawberries and pineapple with a coconut mango salsa. The taste of mangos overwhelmed the dish a bit but it was good and much lighter than the french toast I ordered at The Bongo Room.

My friend tried steak and eggs benedict, I tried a bite and it was good as well. Take a look at the photo, doesn't it look like a huge ice cream sundae?

They are known for their pancake flight but the flight option on our visit didn't look very appealing, probably because they tried to try it into the TV show "Fear Factor" :-)

Address: 75 W. Harrison
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Printer's Row, the original location is at 3231 N. Clark (Belmont)
Phone: 773-549-4400
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Breakfast
Website: http://www.orangerestaurantchicago.com/orange/html/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Dec 27, 2009

Comments

Dabs Lives Here!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Chicago?