Ajitei Japanese Cuisine and Dessert House: "Ooishii Japanese Desserts" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Restaurant Tip by bpacker
Singapore Restaurants: 946 reviews and 1,240 photos
Singapore has been deluged with a plaque of dessert shops lately. At every single mall you go to, you'll see cute cafes serving 'authentic' desserts from Hong Kong. It's as though someone discovered that Singaporeans have a sweet tooth and wanted to jump into the dessert bandwagon. So to buck the trend, Ajitei ( Bugis Junction) came up with desserts that are not too sweet and hopefully, it would appeal to women on an eternal diet. It seemed to have worked. On the day I was here, there were at least 7 tables filled with women diners. All of them ordered a bowl of moochi( Japanese dessert rice cake) with fruit, beans or ice cream. Since I belonged to that gender, I had to have one of those too. I ordered the moochi with strawberries and it was good. It defied all sugary expectations and the moochi was soft yet chewy. The strawberries, though tart, lent a refreshing twist to the already appealing dessert.
Favorite Dish: The desserts of course, I've developed selective amnesia for the dishes here.
Address: Bugis Junction
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: This eatery is just beside Fish and Co @ Bugis Junction (Bugis MRT).
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Singapore (57)
More Reviews (82)
- See All Singaporeans love Seasonal Festivals
- See All Idiot's Guide to Pricing of Electronic...
- See All Best Place in Town to Down a Sake
- See All The Best Hotel in the World
- See All Hiking in Singapore: Sungei Buloh
- See All Tweety, the Fortune Teller
- See All From Singapore to Pulau Ubin
- See All The History Museum is now at Riverside...
- See All Visit the World's Famous Open Concept...
- Great Singapore Sale!
- Merlion @ Sentosa and Esplanade
Been to Singapore?Share your travels with the world!
bpacker's Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels