"MODERN ARCHITECTURE TOO" Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Local Custom Tip by RafaelTheSecond
Rio de Janeiro Local Customs: 289 reviews and 273 photos
Modern and intelligent buildings are placed all over the city centre, some of them in wrong places, this huge modern buildings is right beside a 300 hundred years convent, and the area between the 70s and the 80s were not so correctly preserved!
Close by you can see the Royal and Imperial Palace, known in Rio as PAÇO IMPERIAL, the famous and historical PRAÇA 15, the oldest street of rio, Rua Primeiro de Março, the House of the Representatives, Palacio Tiradentes, The Valentin Monument, land mark of the first harbour in Rio....this icon of modernity is right built surrounded by the main samples of our National History....so I am sorry, it should not be there, as it is, we have to admit it is a beautiful one, and one of the highiest in the city, it is the EDICIFIO CANDIDO MENDES..You will find it in Assembleia Street.
June 6th, 2006
More Local Customs in Rio de Janeiro (130)
More Reviews (336)
- See All I AM BACK - THIS TIME SHOWING THE FORT...
- See All SOME USEFUL GROCERY STORES
- See All TO SEND A POST CARD
- See All SURPRISES IN NITEROI
- See All IF YOU HAVE TIME IN RIO, WHY NOT?
- See All POPULAR SHOOPING AREAS
- See All CYBER CAFÉS - DO NOT GO TO HIS ONE
- See All INTERESTING ROCK FORMATIONS
- See All BOHEMIAN ADVENTURE
- See All ANOTHER NICE APARTMENT IN COPACABANA
- THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU GO HOMRE...
- See All IF YOU ARE CLEVER DO NOT BUY
RafaelTheSecond's Related Pages
Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels