"COPACABANA IS ART DECÓ" Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Local Custom Tip by RafaelTheSecond
Rio de Janeiro Local Customs: 289 reviews and 273 photos
Copacabana has almost 300 000 people, this neighborhood of Rio is bigger than many europpean cities I know, there are more people here than in Ottawa, for example, anyway, it is a big district full of buildings, and the area were heavily populated in the 50s and the 80s..but when they first come here, art decó was the most present architecture style.
As you can see in the picture....this is the place I use everyday...hehehehe I live here and my building has 60 years old!;)
Very common to find constructions at this age, and the apartments are generally big and confortable!;)
Something you should know, sometimes one apartment of 4 rooms can be cheaper than one room apartment in Manhattan.
June 6th, 2006
More Local Customs in Rio de Janeiro (130)
More Reviews (336)
- See All I AM BACK - THIS TIME SHOWING THE FORT...
- See All SOME USEFUL GROCERY STORES
- See All TO SEND A POST CARD
- See All SURPRISES IN NITEROI
- See All IF YOU HAVE TIME IN RIO, WHY NOT?
- See All POPULAR SHOOPING AREAS
- See All CYBER CAFÉS - DO NOT GO TO HIS ONE
- See All INTERESTING ROCK FORMATIONS
- See All BOHEMIAN ADVENTURE
- See All ANOTHER NICE APARTMENT IN COPACABANA
- THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU GO HOMRE...
- See All IF YOU ARE CLEVER DO NOT BUY
RafaelTheSecond's Related Pages
Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels