"It's Pizza, and it's gooooooood!" Personal Experiences Tip by spgood301

Personal Experiences, Chicago: 40 reviews and 56 photos

A word about Chicago pizza, if you will. Chicago is known for it's deep dish pizza. It's different that any pizza I've ever had. If you've never had it, my advice is to forget everything you know about pizza and enjoy the unique Chicago deep dish experience.

Being from New York, we consider pizza to be fast food. We want it hot, we want it now. In Chicago, pizza is not fast food-a typical deep dish pizza takes anywhere from 30-45 minutes to make. It's also meant to be savored, not just gulped down, which I personally love. The cheese, the tomatoes, and whatever other ingredients you want, make it not just food, but a meal.

Among the famous deep dish pizza restaurants are Lou Malnati's (where we enjoyed a VT meet recently), Uno, Due, Giordano's (I must confess, I'm not in love with their stuffed pizza) and Gino's. Some of the bigger restaurants downtown get very busy-be prepared to wait.

Chicago deep dish pizza is not for everybody's taste, but I'm a big fan-it's deelish. When you come to Chicago, you gotta try it!

• Written Jun 6, 2006

Comments

spgood301

“That's MY waterfall!!!”

Have you been to Chicago?