"Banglatown Street Signs" Top 5 Page for this destination London Local Custom Tip by Mariajoy
London Local Customs: 717 reviews and 883 photos
Over 300,000 Bengalis live and work in the capital and Brick Lane is the heart "Banglatown". There have been East Indians and Bangladeshis in the Aldgate area for centuries - originally they were sailors who came off ships in the London docks and settled here. Now they are just part of the vast colourful tapestry of Londoners.
The street signs have been written in both English and Bengali in this area for decades.
More Local Customs in London (14)
More Reviews (328)
- See All Brockwell Park
- See All A work in Progress
- See All FanTAStic!
- See All Don't sit here - by order of the...
- See All Wheelchair users on London buses
- See All Elbow - Guy Garvey
- See All Lots Road Power Station
- See All Chelsea Football Club - Stamford Bridge
- See All Model for a Hotel
- See All Whitechapel Market
- See All Don't leave home without these!
- Trapped on a Bus in Traffic
Mariajoy's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels