Cafe Reggio: "Cafe Reggio" Top 5 Page for this destination Cafe Reggio Tip by shutterlust

Cafe Reggio, New York City: 6 reviews and 6 photos

I love, love, love this little Greenwich Village cafe. Located right on MacDougal, this tiny little Victorian styled cafe is very, very personal, intimate, romantic, good for singles wanting to catch up on a good book, for dates, meeting with friends, etc. It's also a bit famous. Latest film was In Good Company with Scarlett Johannsen (who attended NYU and lived in the Hayden dorm, right up the street on Washington Square West.)

The Italian Renaissance decor is inspired by Caravaggio and the Medici family. Beautiful wall murals and iron seating makes for romantic atmosphere. I should know. I used to come here with my boyfriend all the time. After we broke up, I came here alone. Then I started coming here with friends. All I can really associate Cafe Reggio with is love. Romantic love, self-love and friendly love. :-)

Favorite Dish: The cappuccino, cafe latte, the Earl Grey tea, all the drinks are delicious. I've never actually eaten there...

Address: 119 MacDougal Street
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: On MacDougal, between West 3rd Avenue and Bleecker Street
Phone: (212) 475-9557
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Coffeehouse

• Written Jun 5, 2006

shutterlust Used To Live Here!

“I don't say we all ought to misbehave...but we ought to look as if we could!”

Have you been to New York City?