Monte's: "Monte's, Italian life in the Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Monte's Trattoria Tip by shutterlust

Monte's Trattoria, New York City: 2 reviews and 0 photos

The food at Monte's is ...good. It's better than most, but I have to be honest, it's not the best Italian food I've ever had. (I think that's the first time I've said this in any of my NYC restaurant tips!). I love food but I don't *LOVE* Monte's cuisine. HOWEVER (and that's a BIG however), what wins me over with Monte's is the atmosphere and the service. The waiters are the most amazingly friendly, warm people, ever! Now THAT is Italian culture, right there!

The owner is, now, a good friend. I am a loyal client to the restaurant, recommending this place left and right to all Italian lovers. The atmosphere is very romantic, dim, warm, and accomodating. The owner makes sure that everyone is comfortable. He LOVES tourists because he LOVES showing off New York CIty (almost as much as I do!). He loves telling tourists about new and interesting places to go. In fact, he should probably be on this site! :-)

Go to Monte's and enjoy the experience. Head down the street to grab some pizza if you're still hungry! lol

Favorite Dish: I always order the chicken francese and the fried mozzarella.

Address: 97 MacDougal Street
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: On MacDougal Street, between Bleecker and West 3rd Street
Phone: 212-228-9194
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.montestrattorianyc.com/

• Written Jun 5, 2006

Comments

shutterlust Used To Live Here!

shutterlust

“I don't say we all ought to misbehave...but we ought to look as if we could!”

Have you been to New York City?