"Stay to the Right" Top 5 Page for this destination Walking Tip by shutterlust
Walking, New York City: 27 reviews and 14 photos
Going up stairs, going down stairs, on the escalators, walking down the street, moving in GENERAL:
Please STAY TO YOUR RIGHT. New York City is a city of people, vehicles, bikes, and skates. It is a city of TRAFFIC. To keep things moving, we need people to follow the same rules as everyone else, which is to keep to your right. Just like driving in the US, the left lane is the FAST lane. If you're strolling, move it to the right. People here typically pass on the left (yes, you native NYers, you KNOW you pass on the left, even if its subconsious!)
So please, for your sake and for ours, stay to the right. You really don't want to be yelled at on your vacation, do you?!
More Local Customs in New York City (5)
More Reviews (102)
- See All New York Natives on Facebook
- See All NYMAG ASSIGN: The Jefferson
- See All NYMAG ASSIGN: Peculier Pub
- See All NYMAG ASSIGN: The Shop Around the Corner
- See All Dylan's Candy Bar
- See All International Center of Photography
- See All St. Joseph's Church
- See All New York Marriot East Side
- See All Taxi Drivers going the Long Way 'Round
- See All Airport Alternative Transport
- No one said NY was cheap...
Been to New York City?Share your travels with the world!
shutterlust's Related Pages
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels