Mamoun's: "Mamoun's - Cheap, Good Falafel" Top 5 Page for this destination Mamoun's Falafel Restaurant Tip by shutterlust
Mamoun's Falafel Restaurant, New York City: 13 reviews and 6 photos
Mamoun's is known for providing NYU students and local Village residents with their share of falafel at $2 a pop (a little more of the schwarma and the kebabs). Not only is Mamoun's cheap, it's a fast, easy, convenient and YUMMY (which is the key). Sometimes you start to really CRAVE falafel and schwarma, well, at least, I know I do! And Mamoun's is always the answer. Or if you're travelling on a budget, it's a perfect way to get filled up without spending a fortune.
Mind you, the place is a tight little hallway type restaurant, with about seating for four people and two different tables so be prepared to buy your food and go (tip, head to Washington Square Park to sit and eat, al freco! Enjoy the street performers and enjoy your falafel!!)
Also, be prepared to order quickly. It's NY so everything moves fast. Know your order before you order it. Or people will start yelling....
Favorite Dish: The falafel, schwarma, and the kebabs. And some apple juice!
Address: 119 MacDougal Street
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: On MacDougal, just south of W. 3rd Street, next to Cafe Reggio
Phone: (212) 674-8685
Price: less than US$10
Theme: Middle Eastern
More Restaurants in New York City (34)
More Reviews (73)
- See All New York Natives on Facebook
- See All NYMAG ASSIGN: Peculier Pub
- See All NYMAG ASSIGN: The Shop Around the Corner
- See All Dylan's Candy Bar
- See All International Center of Photography
- See All St. Joseph's Church
- See All Stay to the Right
- See All New York Marriot East Side
- See All Taxi Drivers going the Long Way 'Round
- See All Airport Alternative Transport
- No one said NY was cheap...
Been to New York City?Share your travels with the world!
shutterlust's Related Pages
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels