Republic: "NYMAG ASSIGN: Noodles Galore! at Republic" Top 5 Page for this destination Republic Tip by shutterlust

Republic, New York City: 9 reviews and 7 photos

by shutterlust

I love Republic for its central location right on Union Square West, easily accessible by the 4/5/6 N/R/W/L, and its modern-edged, minimalist decor. You're seated at long tables, so you're sharing tables with strangers. You put your bags and wraps in little baskets under the table. It's a very different dining experience, but I love it. The food is freshly prepared and is always delicious. If you're hungry for Thai but want something a little different, definitely go to Republic.

Also available is outdoor seating, bar scene, dine-at-the-bar, good fo groups, kid-friendly, lunch, delivery, singles scene, take-out, alcohol and full bar.

Favorite Dish: the Pad Thai, the coconut chicken, all of their noodles and the fried wontons with pimiento-plum sauce is amazing! One of their specials is the salmon-sashimi salad, which I have not yet tried, but have photographed, so I can at least say it *looks* amazing! haha

Address: 37 Union Sq West, between 16th and 17th
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Union Square West, down the street from the Coffee Shop and next to the Heartland Brewery and Blue Water Grill
Phone: 212-627-7168
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Pan-Asian and Pacific Rim

• Updated Jun 20, 2006

shutterlust Used To Live Here!

“I don't say we all ought to misbehave...but we ought to look as if we could!”

Have you been to New York City?