Republic: "NYMAG ASSIGN: Noodles Galore! at Republic" Top 5 Page for this destination Republic Tip by shutterlust
Republic, New York City: 9 reviews and 7 photos
I love Republic for its central location right on Union Square West, easily accessible by the 4/5/6 N/R/W/L, and its modern-edged, minimalist decor. You're seated at long tables, so you're sharing tables with strangers. You put your bags and wraps in little baskets under the table. It's a very different dining experience, but I love it. The food is freshly prepared and is always delicious. If you're hungry for Thai but want something a little different, definitely go to Republic.
Also available is outdoor seating, bar scene, dine-at-the-bar, good fo groups, kid-friendly, lunch, delivery, singles scene, take-out, alcohol and full bar.
Favorite Dish: the Pad Thai, the coconut chicken, all of their noodles and the fried wontons with pimiento-plum sauce is amazing! One of their specials is the salmon-sashimi salad, which I have not yet tried, but have photographed, so I can at least say it *looks* amazing! haha
Address: 37 Union Sq West, between 16th and 17th
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Union Square West, down the street from the Coffee Shop and next to the Heartland Brewery and Blue Water Grill
Theme: Pan-Asian and Pacific Rim
More Restaurants in New York City (34)
More Reviews (73)
- See All New York Natives on Facebook
- See All NYMAG ASSIGN: Peculier Pub
- See All NYMAG ASSIGN: The Shop Around the Corner
- See All Dylan's Candy Bar
- See All International Center of Photography
- See All St. Joseph's Church
- See All Stay to the Right
- See All New York Marriot East Side
- See All Taxi Drivers going the Long Way 'Round
- See All Airport Alternative Transport
- No one said NY was cheap...
Been to New York City?Share your travels with the world!
shutterlust's Related Pages
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels