Gray's Papaya: "Gray's Papaya...the REAL Gray's Papaya" Top 5 Page for this destination Gray's Papaya Tip by shutterlust
Gray's Papaya, New York City: 17 reviews and 14 photos
Don't be fooled by all the wannabe Gray's Papaya hotdogs places in Manhattan. The *real* one is down on 6th Avenue and 8th Street. This place is best known for its cheap "recession" deals of 2 hot dogs and a 16 oz. drink for $2.45 (?I think). Best for quick pick-me-ups, not best for your hips, but quick, easy, cheap, accessible, not a very long wait, great location right in the Village, stop by and pick up a quick lunch and continue on your touring! The hotdogs are typical, long, NY weiners, but at least you can see them cook them as opposed to street vendors, where the dogs come from some strange metal box...
I like Gray's Papaya, even though I'm not a huge fan of hot dogs. It's definitely recommended for those on a budget, or for hot-dog fans! :-)
Favorite Dish: Umm...my favorite dish would have to be...the hot dogs. Yeah.
Address: 402 6th Avenue (corner of 6th ave and 8th street)
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: West Villiage
Phone: (212) 799-0243
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in New York City (34)
More Reviews (73)
- See All New York Natives on Facebook
- See All NYMAG ASSIGN: Peculier Pub
- See All NYMAG ASSIGN: The Shop Around the Corner
- See All Dylan's Candy Bar
- See All International Center of Photography
- See All St. Joseph's Church
- See All Stay to the Right
- See All New York Marriot East Side
- See All Taxi Drivers going the Long Way 'Round
- See All Airport Alternative Transport
- No one said NY was cheap...
Been to New York City?Share your travels with the world!
shutterlust's Related Pages
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels