"Bring a prop and work it!" Style Tip by anacapa

Art Purse Noir
      Bastille Purse & Biceps
      Purse du Metro
    by anacapa

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: I suggest ditching the t-shirt for something w/ buttons. Add a little bit of style when travelling, especially in Europe. When will you be back? You want your future grandkids to see you stylin' back in the day... Or when you're showing your new girlfriend/boyfriend your photos from Europe you don't want to look like a dweeb in a t-shirt.

Miscellaneous: Bring a prop to photograph on your trip! Act like a model or a rock star. (just don't trash your hotel room)

I brought a purse a friend designed with me to Paris. I promised her I'd take photos of it in and around Paris for her marketing purposes. I had one day in Paris with friends from Berlin before we all split up. I got some amazing photos and memories from that one day because of the purse and the goal of modelling it in Paris. My friends got into the game and kept suggesting photos. It made taking photos feel less like a touristy thing and more like a game. We had fun with the photos and the results are better photos than what we might normally have taken. That translates into some great documentation of a great time. I highly suggest it!!

• Updated Jun 2, 2006

Comments

anacapa

“traveling starts at home”

Have you been to Paris?