"City Cab" Top 5 Page for this destination Taxis Tip by DunaKal

Taxis, Cairo: 81 reviews and 57 photos

Yellow cab(city cab)
by DunaKal

A new transportation company has provided 150 cars(which is nothing in a big city as cairo)
but the cars are really clean and air conditioned.
The fare is good,the meter starts by 3.50 Egyptian pounds then marks an extra pound for each kilometer the car makes.

the only thing I wasn`t pleased about is that their number is always busy.
I had to wait half an hour in the sun to be able to find one in the street,when I jumped in,I asked the driver for his personal mobile so I can call him when ever I need a cab.But then i learnt that they have sevral staitions around cairo,one is located in Tahrir square.

There is also a warning here,some drivers(due to their low wage)will try to rip you off,listen to this story,my friend called their office and gave them directions to her apartment so that she can be picked up,when she went into the taxi he asked her for extra 15 egyptian pounds because he had to roam around to find the address(as if it`s her fault he doesnt know the directions)she refused to pay and doesnt use them any more.

another incident,I took a yellow cab to JW marriott,and because the hotel is out of town,he added 25 Egyptian pounds to the rate,he said it`s cause he will drive back with no passengers! I payed him because I didnt want to make any trouble.

Mode: AROUND
Phone: 19155 from local line
Type: Car/Motor Home

• Updated Sep 12, 2006

Comments

DunaKal Visits Here Frequently!

Have you been to Cairo?