"Reeperbahn Strip Clubs" Top 5 Page for this destination Red Light District Tip by ericaj.
Red Light District, Hamburg: 4 reviews and 2 photos
Okay, as everyone knows the Reeperbahn is the historically infamous red light district where in addition to the usual club, theatre, and restaurant venues, there are scores and scores of sex shops, strip bars, and brothels.
Apparently, it's just always been that way, since the area is bordered by the Hamburg Harbour, and has been a hangout for sailors on leave trying to grab a beer and a winch at the pubs since the time people were still sailing wooden ships. So yes, the whole idea of legal sex trade is a normalized part of Reeperbahn/Harbour culture.
Take note however, that there are tons of door guys trying to hawk the "wares" of their particular establishments by way of offering free or discounted entry, enticing you to go in. I've been told, however, that once inside, guys should expect to pay anywhere from 15-20 Euro for a single beverage, and if you offer to buy a drink for one of the strippers the price escalates.
In short, a complete rip off that will help you blow your evening's entertainment budget in 20 minutes flat.
Unique Suggestions: In short, most native Hamburgers ingnore strip clubs altogether. But if you just HAVE to go for the curiosity factor, be sure you're ready to spend a lot of money, even with the free entry....and watch out for pickpockets while you're at it.
More Reviews (70)
- See All Authentic Asian Food Goods for Exotic...
- See All The Right Bus/Train Ticket for the Best...
- See All Villa Hotel Great for Women, Art...
- See All If You Suddenly See Police Tanks &...
- See All Attend English Speaking Church,...
- See All JULY-AUGUST: Duckstein Food and Music...
- See All A Full Menu Japanese Restaurant
- See All Former Fishing Dynasty w/Quiet...
- See All Summertime by the Riverbank
- See All Sometimes Summers are COLD Here!
- See All WORLD CUP 2006-" WM NIGHTS", a VIP Event
Been to Hamburg?Share your travels with the world!
ericaj.'s Related Pages
Have you been to Hamburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Hamburg hotel reviews
- Tulip Inn Hamburg Hanseport
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2006
- Hotel Stern
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Renaissance Hamburg Hotel
- 159 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Ramada-Treff Hotel Bergedorf
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Louis C. Jacob Hotel
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Hamburg International
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 12, 2013
- Grand Elysee Hotel
- 207 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Empire Riverside Hotel
- 107 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- NH Hamburg-City
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Best Western Hotel St. Raphael
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Holiday Inn Hamburg
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Hotel Wedina
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- Hotel Oase
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2013
- Clipper Elb-Lodge
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 21, 2013