"Fiakers, something typical in Vienna" Vienna Local Custom Tip by Pavlik_NL
Vienna Local Customs: 273 reviews and 359 photos
Fiakers and Vienna go together like a knife and a fork. The typical Vienna horse and wagon can be rented by visitors for a drive through town. Long time ago, this was the way of transport for the wealthier families, but in Vienna too it evolved a little like the first form of a taxi (cap) for the common public (still those who had quite some money to spend). Fiakers come in two main varieties. Open Fiakers (the original) and those with closed cabins.
More Reviews (67)
- See All The delicatesse from Vienna
- See All The Ring, a cirkel of green and traffic
- See All Vienna's contemporary art inside the MAK
- See All Holocaust memorial and Vienna's Jewish...
- See All Fruhstuckpension = B&B
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels