Ewa Zaprasza - Ewa Invites: "Super Food Off the Beaten Path" Krokowa Restaurant Tip by evaanna

Krokowa Restaurants: 6 reviews and 18 photos

The entrance

The entrance
      Restaurant ''Ewa Zaprasza"
      The interior
    by evaanna
      My pork fillet in roquefort sauce
    by evaanna

This stylish restaurant is run by a couple who seem to know everything about cooking.
The food is freshly made so it takes some time but, while you wait, you get some hors-d'oeuvres on the house. In our case it was herring in cream sauce served with excellent bread. The rest of the meal was just as great and the waiter (the owner himself) extremely polite and considerate. Even though it was a few years ago, we both remember the place as one of the best restaurants we have ever been to, worth the drive from Krokowa, Leba or Wladyslawowo. I wish we could visit it more often.
Update: As we have now moved to Gdynia, this year (2013) I decided to celebrate my birthday at that restaurant. The cooking is still great, the service just perfect and we have now tried some more of their delicious food, stuffing ourselves so full that we could hardly walk afterwards. But it was my birthday after all!
We were treated to the delicious herring in cream sauce as a starter, then had mushroom soup, which was just gorgeous, after which came the main course, which for Chris was a generous piece of roasted wild boar meat with cooked cabbage, betroot and mashed potatoes while I chose fillet of pork in roquefort sauce with mashed potatoes. It was excellent too but I wish I had known you could get a child's helping as it would have been enough for me. To make things worse, we just couldn't resist ordering the apple tart with cream we had had there years before. Luckily, the kind waiter offered to wrap up most of it for us so we were able to finish it later.

Favorite Dish: The first time we were there we had fantastic fish soup served in a heated dish, grilled or fried fish with chips and excellent salad. Don't miss the dessert - the apple tart with cream simply melted in my mouth. Wish we had tried more dishes, but the helpings were very generous - we couldn't possibly eat anything else.
BTW, you can now buy their delicious herring in cream sauce in jars to take home with you.

Address: Morska 49, 84-211 Sasino
Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (58) 676 33 39
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Sep 20, 2013

More Restaurants in Krokowa (1)

Comments

evaanna

“The sky is blue everywhere.”

Have you been to Krokowa?