"Inside Kina Slott" Drottningholm Things to Do Tip by sim1

Drottningholm Things to Do: 17 reviews and 26 photos

Inside Kina Slott / Chinese Pavilion
by sim1

I wish I could show you a bit more of the interior of the Kina Slott, but unfortunately photography is forbidden inside. The only photo I have is of this Chinese lacquer-panel. And unlike what this particular photo might suggest, the Kina Slott is a very colourful place. I was amazed by the abundance of colours and how they in a remarkable way blended so well with each other. I remember for example a total pink room, quite amazing to see! They were certainly not shy of colours!! Bright yellow, orange and greens come to my mind when thinking back to my visit here, living brightly next to each other, and visible when looking from one room to the next.

I know it sounds strange that a bright coloured interior can work so well together, but it does! The light flowing through the big windows all eases it down a bit and gives a feeling of a wonderful summers day inside the pavilion. The walls are covered with Chinese decorations and quite a few objects are on display in the various rooms. What can I say more? When you are in the area, just don't forget to visit Kina Slott! And I hope you'll like it as much as I did :-)

• Updated Jul 15, 2006

“Forever smiling :-)”

Have you been to Drottningholm?