"The oldest church of Vienna: Ruprechts kirche" churches Tip by Pavlik_NL
churches, Vienna: 56 reviews and 174 photos
In the old inner city district of Vienna, one can also find the oldest church and one of the oldest buildings of Vienna. Already in the 8th century a chapel was erected here and later (11th and 14th century) it was rebuilt to a larger church. In that time, the first Sankt Stephans church attracted more attention, leaving the Ruprechts church in it's original shape due to lack of funding to grow. The building as one can see it now, is very modest towards the many other churches in Vienna, but therefore holds it's own special charm. Many parts are still original from the 14th century.
More Off The Beaten Path in Vienna (16)
More Reviews (56)
- See All The delicatesse from Vienna
- See All Fiakers, something typical in Vienna
- See All Vienna's contemporary art inside the MAK
- See All Holocaust memorial and Vienna's Jewish...
- See All Fruhstuckpension = B&B
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels