"The church of Saint Peter" churches Tip by Pavlik_NL
churches, Vienna: 56 reviews and 174 photos
Already in the 12th century, a church was built by Irish monchs in Vienna. Besides Patrick, Peter was one of their favorit saints and their church was devoted to him. Through the many centuries that followed, the chruch was rebuilt, renovated, restored and changed so many times, that from the original image nothing is left (except for the fundaments). The church is - like always in Roman Catholic churches - richly decorated and is especially famous for it's ceiling in the dome. So, go in and gaze up for a while.
More Off The Beaten Path in Vienna (16)
More Reviews (56)
- See All The delicatesse from Vienna
- See All Fiakers, something typical in Vienna
- See All Vienna's contemporary art inside the MAK
- See All Holocaust memorial and Vienna's Jewish...
- See All Fruhstuckpension = B&B
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels