VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Pork's: "Budget Eating at Mercato Centrale" Top 5 Page for this destination Mercato Centrale Tip by ForestqueenNYC

Mercato Centrale, Florence: 4 reviews and 11 photos

Porks In The Mercato Centrale

Porks In The Mercato Centrale
      Menu, Porks In The Mercato Centrale
      Gnocchi, Porks In The Mercato Centrale
    by ForestqueenNYC

Today, I decided to have lunch in the Mercato Centrale, a place that I love to go to just to look. I stopped at Pork's and had the gnocci with a sauce made from zucchini flowers. Although I was told that the gnocci was made there. It was very tender and the sauce was quite good too.

For a small plate of gnocci, a quartino of vino bianco, and a cappucino the cost was 10.50€.

The other nice thing is that the owner, Mama, sat down with me while I ate and we talked. I had a chance to practice my Italian and she spoke very slowly to me.

From another website:
They're open for breakfast, lunch, and snacks until 2 p.m. when the market closes. Friday is fish day. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturday, try the lasagne made with Benita's hand-rolled pasta.

Address: Mercato Centrale
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: In the San Lorenzo market area near via Nazionale.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.divinacucina.com/code/benita.html

• Written May 27, 2006

Comments

ForestqueenNYC Used To Live Here!

Have you been to Florence?