"The First McDonald's in the World" Suburban delights Tip by meteorologist1
Suburban delights, Chicago: 38 reviews and 46 photos
The first McDonald's restaurant in the world (Store #1) is located in Des Plaines, about 30-40 minutes northwest of downtown Chicago (the suburb just north of O'Hare airport). It was first opened on April 15, 1955. There is a complete replica of the first store here with golden arches and signs. It is located across the street from the original site, which is now replaced by a modern McDonald's. The replica is part of the McDonald's #1 Store Museum, which has limited opening hours (a few hours daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day).
More Off The Beaten Path in Chicago (7)
More Reviews (46)
- See All Holiday Windows - Macy's on State Street
- See All Christkindlmarket Chicago
- See All Chicago Water Taxi
- See All Chicago River Architecture Tour
- See All The place for Chicago deep dish pizza!
meteorologist1's Related Pages
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels