Cutter's Corner Craft Shop: "Help Seniors By Purchasing From" Richmond Shopping Tip by deecat

Richmond Shopping: 3 reviews and 3 photos

Senior Opportunities Service Craft Shop
      Senior Opportunities Service Craft Shop
    by deecat
      Back of Cutter's Corner (Mural)
    by deecat

While walking around in the Historic Districts, Jill and I saw a beautiful mural painted on the back of a building. We stopped to investigate and were delighted to see the mural of this building as a grocery store at "the turn of the century" when it was called "Cutter's Corner". From the little I could discover about it, I found that a man named Henry Cuter had a Grocery Store at the southeast corner of 4th and South D in 1909.

Today, it is still a story, not a grocery store. The sign out front (see photo) says: "Cutter's Corner Home of Senior Opportunities Services CRAFT SHOP In-Home Services Senior Employment"

What to buy: When Jill and I looked into the windows, we could see all kinds of local craft items made (we presume) by seniors in the community. We found that to be quite refreshing....a way for seniors to keep busy, feel important, and make some money. Also, a way for people in the community as well as visitors to support seniors and have, in return, a lovely hand-made item.

I wish that I could have found out more about it, but I came up "empty-handed"!

Directions: South East Corner of 4th and South D Streets
Theme: Local Craft

• Written May 20, 2006

More Shopping in Richmond (1)

Have you been to Richmond?