"Indoor lighting" Simikot Local Custom Tip by Saagar
Simikot Local Customs: 5 reviews and 4 photos
Outside Simkot, which has photovoltaic lighting a few hours each evening, and a few lucky villages that have micro-hydro plants, there are no lights.
Kerosene is too far away for making it accessible, and candles are by and large absent outside Simkot. Local people use thin, dried sticks of resin-saturated core wood of pine for lighting, and stick them in the cracks of the walls, or leave them to burn on the upturned bottoms of cooking pans. It gets very sooty and is a terrible eye irritant. Interesting to experience, and it gets nice and cosy as such, but living under such conditions takes its toll on health and cleanliness.
othercontact: Assist Nepal Trust to build micr
More Local Customs in Simikot (6)
More Reviews (60)
- See All Malpracticing trekking agents on the...
- See All Malpracticing trekking agencies
- See All Maps of the Kailash pilgrimage trail
- See All For 2006-2007 Sita Air runs the rice...
- See All Kermi official camp site
- See All Tea shops/pasals on the Kailash trail
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Simikot?Share Your Travels