"Avoid Like The Plague" Ambassador Hotel Bangkok Tip by alvis

Ambassador Hotel Bangkok, Bangkok: 379 reviews and 21 photos

Twin Room
      Twin Room
    by alvis
      Me and Kuta (GF statue from Bali)
    by alvis

I booked 3 nights in the Ambassador over Songkran. I had just arrived back from Malaysia so the girlfriend stayed over for the night before returning home the next day. I was charged an extra 600 baht for the night and the people were very rude.

After a meal at Fuji we returned to the hotel with our mate Am. We were only returning to get changed before going out that night but security wouldn't let us in till they had seen my girlfriends ID. They were also very rude to our mate Am (treated her like a hooker) and would not let her upstairs with us. I asked if she could even go up for 5 minutes to get changed but no luck. We had to pay another 600 baht so she was able to get changed in our room. This happened everytime we returned to the hotel so we had no choice but to stay away or the GF would sometimes sneak up the back entrance when visiting. Because of this I never got to use any of the facilities cause we were treated like dirt anytime we arrived.

The room was dodgy, the views were terrible the fridge did not work, the aircon in the bathroom was dripping from the roof and all round the hotel there was dripping aircons and stained floors beneath.

On leaving I was asked to pay 3 nights for my girlfriend who was booked in to stay only the 1 night. She started work again the day after we arrive back from Malaysia and had not stayed in the room. Because she had not told reception the morning after she stayed that she was leaving she was charged for 3 nights. I had only booked 1 night for her and paid up front but they continued to argue saying she had been seen in my room the next day (a blatant lie) and after 30 mins of arguing they finally give in.

I have honestly never been to a worse place in my life and I have stayed in probably over 20 hotels in Thailand. This place is a disgrace.

Unique Qualities: I can honestly not think of any. I did enjoy the all night bar but only because I knew we were leaving the next day.

Address: 171 Sukhumvit Road Soi 11 Bang
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 66-2-2540-444
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.amtel.co.th

• Written May 19, 2006

alvis Visits Here Frequently!

“"Just Grab your hat, come travel light, thats hobo style" http://www.boutiquebangkok.com”

Have you been to Bangkok?