"Bus drivers in a frenzy!" State of Sabah Warnings Or Dangers Tip by hennanights

State of Sabah Warnings and Dangers: 16 reviews and 12 photos

When we arrived in Sabah we took a taxi to a bus station then on again to another bus station, that would take us to the National Park. When we arrived at the bus station I suddenly found myself surrounded be about 10 men all yelling, as they pulled at me, "Where you want to go lady!". I was scared and unsure what to do. I ignored them hoping if I said nothing they would leave me alone. As this is happening my husband who was in front of me is getting further away. I started to yell out "Don't leave me!" when all of a suddenly that exactly what he did! He takes off running! Two minutes later he was back at my side, with a firm grip, explaining to me that one of the men had stolen our luggage from the bus to put in another bus. His bus was going the totally opposite way to where we wanted to go but this did not deter him. We eventually found the right bus and sat down in our seats only to be rudely told we had read our tickets wrong. We were shown to the back of the bus. Once we settled in I took another look at the tickets. We had in fact been sitting in the correct seats according to the ticket. Just happy to be left alone we didn't argue. It was once the bus started to head off it became clear why we were moved. Two of the annoying men sat themselves in our seats. Just above their heads was a movie playing. The volume was just loud enough so they could hear it. I didn't really want to watch the movie as I was happy looking out the window but it still annoyed the crap out of me anyway!!

• Written May 16, 2006

“May the sun be always upon your back.”

Have you been to State of Sabah?