Oshino / Mt. Fuji: "Best time I had in Japan!" Fuji Hotel Tip by fujifan

• fuji2 - Fuji
  • room - Fuji
      david and wife
    by fujifan

I spent 3 months in Japan doing everything that I possibly could. Lots of places were tough to get things done in as langauage was a huge problem, especially outside of the cities. Towards the end of my trip, I decided that I would finish things off by spending a few days around the Mount Fuji area. I happened upon a place called InnFujitomita, one of the closest Inns to the hiking trails of Mt. Fuji, and many other hiking trails too! I stayed 3 days here and was by far the best place that I stayed in Japan. The owner, David, is a great guy who speaks excellent English and so do his two hot daughters! One is married to a Canadian fellow named Trevor who is a true nature lover and hiking maniac. He offers tours in English of Mt. Fuji and the area and can make sure that you see things that not many people do. But back to the Inn, it was awesome. The dinner and breakfast were some of the best eats I had in Japan, and the Inn was homey and spacious. The best thing about InnFujitomita (other than being able to communicate), was the price! The also offer a free pick up service from the station too!

Unique Qualities: What else can I say? My room had a beautiful view of Mt. Fuji, overlooking a graden and the swimming pool. There are mountains everywhere, access to great hiking was plentiful. They had two Japanese sytle baths (onsen?) that were great, especially after climbing Mt. Fuji!! And service available in Japanese and ENGLISH!!! If you go to Japan and stay at this Inn, please tell David that Willy recommended it! I told him that I would tell eveybody at his place. They also have a great homepage in English, check it out!

Address: between two of the 5 lakes, yamanaka and kawaguchi.
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Mt. Fuji
I took a bus from Shinjuku in Tokyo. It dropped me off in Fujiyoshida and David came to pick me up. I also heard that you can take the train, but I prefered the bus. It took about an hour and a half to get there.

Phone: 0555 84 3359
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Inn
Website: http://www.tim.hi-ho.ne.jp/innfuji/

• Written May 13, 2006

“Don't cheap out!!!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.