"Nicois girls day out: meet the ancestors" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Local Custom Tip by NiceLife
Nice Local Customs: 86 reviews and 90 photos
Picnic in the olive grove at Cimiez on a warm lazy Sunday, faces that belong to Nice a hundred and fifty years ago. The menfolk were wearing traditional black hats and waistcoats. These were no Disneyland meeters and greeters, tourist board stage props in heritage costume fancy dress. These were the real thing. Time out of joint, belonging to the era of women washing clothes in the Peillon while their men hauled fish in their nets to scrape a living.
These are the real Nicois.
Blase as a result of easy tourism and travel, the media image-saturated life of the twenty first century, its sometimes a shock to meet the original natives, face to face. Which of us, I wondered ,were really the odd one out?
More Reviews (171)
- See All New bus tariffs from May 3rd, 2013
- See All Promenades des Anglais (2005) Olivier...
- See All Riviera Road Safety and two wheels
- See All At last - beer at sensible prices - with...
- See All One final "thing to do" - do nothing!
- See All Love to walk in the sky? :Grande...
- See All Temperature around the year in Nice
- See All Well recommended by the many Scots...
- See All Power-assisted para-flying thingumy
- See All Where to see big French and...
- See All Nice Etoile
- See All You came here to get away from this, no?
NiceLife's Related Pages
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels