"The Captain Lord Mansion" Captain Lord Mansion Tip by KarenandCory

Dana Room
      Weird sea horse thing
      Dana Bathroom
  • The Captain Lord Mansion - Kennebunkport

The Captain Lord Mansion is a gorgeous bed & breakfast located in Kennebunkport. Each room is uniquely decorated, fabulously detailed, and immaculate. We stayed in the Dana room where we literally had to climb into the four poster bed (ladder is provided). My favorite features of the room were the fireplace, Jacuzzi, and the odd looking sea horse hanging on the wall. We were celebrating Cory?s birthday and our Anniversary and the innkeepers, Bev & Rick, graciously provided us with champagne and chocolates.
I read many past guest entries in the several memory books which were in the room. The memory books spanned about 10 years and were full of guest?s impressions of the mansion and narratives of their visits. I was amazed of how many people from all over the world have stayed at the inn 10 ? 20+ times. Although I loved every moment of my stay here, I feel compelled to comment on all the lavish praise past guests have given the staff. Personally, we had no contact with the owners, Bev & Rick, and did not feel any warmth or receive special treatment from the staff at all. I can?t imagine being the only one to feel this way and wondered several times during my trip if any negative mention was taken out of the memory books. The only time we bothered the staff with a question (if they knew of movie theaters in the area with more of one showing of each movie a day) we received a dismissive response of ?go check the board?.
Breakfasts are served at set seating times and since this is a Bed & Breakfast, you will be sitting with others. The breakfasts are quite good and I enjoyed sitting with the other guests, but again there was really no welcoming feeling.
All the guests we saw were couples, no single people or families. I don?t think I would have enjoyed myself as much if I were a single traveler.
The guests were a mix of young and old. Overall, everybody was very friendly. However, the regulars seemed to be of the wealthy sort and there was a lot of unnecessary bragging about jobs and lifestyles.

Unique Qualities: Jacuzzi, Heated bath floors, Gas burning fireplaces

CD player with romantic cds, Free bottled water and sodas

honeymoon, birthday or anniversary champagne

Memory garden: I would love to stay here again someday but I don?t think I?ll make the 10 or more visits to get a brick with my name on it in the Memory Garden.

Memory books

Address: 6 Pleasant Street, (P.O. Box 800), Kennebunkport, Maine, 04046-0800, United States
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 207-967-3141
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.captainlord.com

• Written May 11, 2006

More Hotels in Kennebunkport (1)

“There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures that Chuck Norris has allowed to live.”

Have you been to Kennebunkport?