"Steatham Doll's house" London Favorite Tip by Elodie_Caroline

London General: 1,877 reviews and 2,513 photos

My first Dolls House
by Elodie_Caroline

Fondest memory:
Ever since I was at my first school at nearly the age of 5, I had always wanted a Dolls house. I've always loved very small and intricate things. I was well into my late 30's, but had been looking into places that sold Dolls houses. I had been to places in Chertsey and Windsor etc, but then I found an address for a place in Streatham.

So, me, Chris, my sister Mel and my brother Derek all packed into our car and drove all the way to Streatham to find this 'warehouse'.
Hah! when we found it, what a disappointment! the place where customers could go was no bigger than someones small sitting room! Anyway, we had a bit of a look around, and I did buy a flat packed dolls house, it cost me 80.00. But once it was back home with us, Chris soon had it all built up and painted pink (of course!) for me.

I have lots of little bits of furniture and ornaments etc for it, but alas, it's stuck in the loft at the minute as there is nowhere to put it in our home really :(

Whilst in Steatham,we decided to go and have dinner down one of the main streets, sorry, I didn't notice the name, restaurant names aren't important to me.

Four of us had egg, sausage, chips and a cup of tea, and it only came to 7.00 for the lot!!! that's amazing, anywhere else would have cost more like 20.00 or more, even in 1999.

• Updated Apr 20, 2007

Elodie_Caroline Visits Here Frequently!

“Ginger Minge, isn't she one of the Spice Girls? Thanks Larry! lol”

Have you been to London?