Cellar Restaurant at Dock Blida Wine Bar: "Cellar Restaurant at Dock Blida Wine Bar" Top 5 Page for this destination Bok Bar Tip by sue_stone

Bok Bar, London: 1 reviews and 5 photos

checking out the menu at Cellar Restaurant
      checking out the menu at Cellar Restaurant
      my salmon dish
      Anita's chicken
      blurry pic at Cellar Restaurant
    by sue_stone
      Entrance to the wine bar & restaurant
    by sue_stone

Dock Blida is a small basement wine bar & restaurant, located just off Baker Street, in Central London. Look for the small street entrance, descend the stairs and open the large door into this underground cave.

Within the Bar is the Cellar Restaurant, which is located even further underground. There are small private alcoves within the restaurant offering the perfect location for a romantic meal for two, or an 'exclusive' feeling dinner with friends.

When I visited Dock Blida and the Cellar Restaurant with my friend Anita on a Monday night it was pretty quiet, but service was very friendly and the atmosphere was still good. We even got a free glass of wine as they thought it was my birthday ; )

We had a drink in the bar to start, and then moved downstairs to the restaurant. We were given a table in a private alcove, which was great, though there was a bit of an echo.

Favorite Dish: The menu was pretty small, but a couple of things sounded pretty tasty. I had the Grilled Salmon which was served with Asparagus and some other stuff, and Anita had the Honey Sautéed Chicken which was served on a bed of Plantains (a type of starchy banana). The food was well presented and tasted good.

Although we were keen for dessert, there was only 4 options on the menu and we weren't tempted by any of them?.so we had to go elsewhere!

The Cellar Restaurant was a nice place, and I would possible go back again, though I was more taken with the Dock Blida Wine Bar - worth a look if you are in the area.

Address: 50-54 Blandford Street, London W1U 7HT
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 3
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

sue_stone Used To Live Here!

Have you been to London?