"Rhino & Lion Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve Tip by cokes

I guess this was another Safari and a whole new experience. I can`t say the safari was bad as there was alot of animals to see , unfortunately we could`nt get close enough to some animals but I guess you can `t always predict it will be all good. I`ve been on better but I won`t judge this place as I really enjoyed my time here. The guide we had was very good and made my time time there very enjoyable. There is also these preditor camps with Lions , Cheetahs and Wild Dogs. I guess the Wild Dogs was the best there in my opinon as it was interesting to see how they were playing all running and chasing each other around our safari van.

We also went to the cub world here. This was nothing like the cub world at the Lion Park. They had a mix between lions and bengal tigers but these cubs were very naughty ,twice this one cub bit this one ladies jersey and tried to bite another one`s bag. Even the tigers got involved trying to bite people. They are very playful I must and one must just becareful especially with your young kids.

I also went to the Wondercaves there which I thought was very nice. Our guide once again was very nice and informative. Just a note to those who is going to do the Wondercace just to wear comfortable shoes as there is alot of stairs to climb down going into the cave and even more getting out and the stairs are at a 45 degree angle. Its also very slippery in the cave as our guide said that the cave is still 85% alive so just be careful when walking around in the cave.

There is other activites to do there but I guess I didn`t have enough time.

It cost us R200 pp for the Game Drive ,including the cub world and the wondercave which I thought was very reasonable. The game drive is about 2hrs or so but in my words this is definitelty I nice outting for the day.

You can checkout my travelogue for more pictures.

Address: Craddle of Humankind
Directions: In the Craddle of Humankind close to Kromdraai.
Phone: +2711 957-0106
Website: http://www.rhinolion.co.za/

• Updated May 21, 2006

Comments

cokes

“Go out there without expectations , just go and see for yourself”

Have you been to Johannesburg?