"St John's Church- Kolkata." Top 5 Page for this destination St John's Church Tip by goutammitra
St John's Church, Kolkata (Calcutta): 6 reviews and 21 photos
St John's Church
A little south of BBD Bagh is the Church of St John, which dates from 1787. The overgrown graveyard here has a number of interesting monuments , including the octagonal mausoleum of Job Charnock, founder of Kolkata, who died in 1692. Admiral Waston, who supported Clive in retalking Kolkata from Siraj-ud-daula, is also buried here. The obelisk commemorating the black hole was moved from near the GPO to a corner of this graveyard.
Incidentaly this place is very near to my office.
Address: Benoy Badal Dinesh Bagh.
Directions: In front of writers' Building.
Phone: 009133 2243 6098
More Things to Do in Kolkata (Calcutta) (62)
More Reviews (152)
- See All Try Their Roasted Pork! It's...
- See All Serene Atmosphere!
- See All Horse Racing at Royal Calcutta Turf Club...
- See All Wild Life at Tolly Club.
- Unprecedented Bund or Flash Strike in...
- See All Find all your Musics of the world
- See All Cruise on River Ganges & New Look of...
- See All Airport Volvo & Green Jnnurm Buses of...
- See All A Marwari Marriage in Kolkata- Part II
- TOURIST TRAP AT KOLKATA.
- NIGHTLIFE IN KOLKATA.
Been to Kolkata (Calcutta)?Share your travels with the world!
goutammitra's Related Pages
Have you been to Kolkata (Calcutta)?Share Your Travels