"Victoria Memorial Hall- Kolkata." Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Memorial Tip by goutammitra
Victoria Memorial, Kolkata (Calcutta): 21 reviews and 53 photos
A splendid architectural structure in white marble, modeled on the Taj Mahal, was built in the early 20th century. In memory of Queen Victoria and was formally inaugurated by the Prince of Wales in 1921 who later became King Edward VIII of England. The stately bronze statue of the queen near the entrance, the brass canons, wrought iron street lamps, manicured lawns, gardens and pathways, the magical lighting effect in the evening and a fairy tale 'Fountain of Joy' facing the memorial building create an atmosphere of unforgettable charm.
Address: Maidan Area.
Directions: It is visible from all sides of Maidan.
Phone: 009133 2223 1890
More Things to Do in Kolkata (Calcutta) (62)
More Reviews (152)
- See All Try Their Roasted Pork! It's...
- See All Serene Atmosphere!
- See All Horse Racing at Royal Calcutta Turf Club...
- See All Wild Life at Tolly Club.
- Unprecedented Bund or Flash Strike in...
- See All Find all your Musics of the world
- See All Cruise on River Ganges & New Look of...
- See All Airport Volvo & Green Jnnurm Buses of...
- See All A Marwari Marriage in Kolkata- Part II
- TOURIST TRAP AT KOLKATA.
- NIGHTLIFE IN KOLKATA.
Been to Kolkata (Calcutta)?Share your travels with the world!
goutammitra's Related Pages
Have you been to Kolkata (Calcutta)?Share Your Travels