"The Usual Tricks" Bali Tourist Trap Tip by Jenni_s

Bali Tourist Traps: 111 reviews and 70 photos

Always count your money after you have changed it no matter where you change it... This is MANDATORY. On a previous visit (many years earlier) I was going to be ripped off about AU$40 when I changed my travellers chqs. Because of the amount of notes you get when you change money its easy to mis-count the notes. After all the insistance that I had received the right amount of Rupiah they seemed to see it my way when I said I'd come back and re-arrange their shop with a baseball bat. They flick the notes to the ground when they think your not looking and then tell you that you havent given them enough..... BE CAREFUL!!

Fake lottery tickets is another one going around. I first found out the hard way about this one when I was in Bangkok previously, so luckily I knew the scam straight away. Every ticket is a winner and you'll be scammed for something. A free trip here or dinner there... Dont Believe them when you say you are a very lucky winner.... Everyone wins.

Unique Suggestions: Be polite then find some excuse to get the hell out of there...lol

Fun Alternatives: Insist you are not interested. They'll EVENTUALLY get the hint.

• Updated Apr 29, 2006

“Live, learn and experience.”

Ranked Member